Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slabs28

Visiting cass

4 posts in this topic

Leaving for the family resort (kitchi landing) on wed (8-08-07). Wanting to know the hotspots for LMB and pike. We plan on spending time on Kitchi, walker's bay, turtle river, little and big rice. Might get out to cass when my buddy visits. Thanks

Lots of small pike in Kitchi in the reeds on the far eastern shoreline bay. We use the plain silver No. 3 Mepps and have pretty good luck in there in June. I suppose in this heat you need to fish it early or late as I think they are in deeper water during the day.

If I was staying on Kitchi, I'd definitely try the shoreline reeds on the far NW shore/bay too and I'd try to get up to BigRice for LMB - never been there but have heard several diff guys suggest it for LMB because they say it has lots of hawgs.

For Pike, definitely fish around the deepest water in the basin. The cabbage and lilly pads on the NW corner of Kitchi is good. And the whole eastern side of Walker Bay... especially where the dropoff runs right up next to shore... should be good. Might need to fish some crankbaits or plastics to get down there to the fish during the day, but they should be there.

For Bass, kind of the same story, but in shallower. I've always done best in Kitchi/Walker Bay in the reeds and slop closest to some deeper water. Early morning/Evening... throw weedless topwater plastic type baits in the pockets of the heaviest cover. Hard to imagine they've got room to swim in there, but that's where I've found them. Good luck... and let us know how you do!

Thanks guys. I am hoping to get to big this year. Last year a mud bog drifted into the turtle river opening and closed big off. Yeah we (fiance) can't wait to see the family up there. Her family owns kitchi landing. Hope to pull a hawggg!!!