Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dark Cloud

Trout picts

8 posts in this topic

Been doing some fly fishing the past few weeks and thought Id share some pictures.

Heres an early morning pict on the river as the fogs burning off...

dsc00207pb1.jpg

A nice 15 inch rainbow I got on a small BH nymph...

dsc00204uo0.jpg

My dad working a rift in the evening...

dsc00205yl6.jpg

A nice 14 incher that took a sulpher emerger #16...

dsc00209ov3.jpg

This doe swam the river about 50 yards below me as I was sitting re-rigging...

dsc00201yh9.jpg

A fat 17 in brown that took a size 16 emerger also. This fish faught like heck, I swore I had a 20+ inch fish on...

dsc00211wy5.jpg

Great pics Jay! Nice fish and scenery. Looks like yer having some fun out east, I'm headed out in a couple hours to chase some green carp. And I'm guessing my scenery might be a tad better - hubba hubba. If I don't get arrested taking pics, I'll post a couple. grin.gif

Hey Duff - Your scenery might be "nicer" but I bet you have to deal with jetskis, boaters, and yahoos. I fished for 4 hours yesterday and saw one guy hundreds of yards away...

Its that time of year here for all the local festivals and county fairs - plenty to look at there, both good and bad...

Dark Cloud,

Looks like your rivers are just a tad bit bigger than ours. grin.gif

Geez, that one's about the size of the mighty miss!

sweet fish!

soHaad - Thats the upper Delaware. Shes big but also runs cold from the dam. And shes definatly a challenge to fly fish but home to wild browns and rainbows in the 20+ inch class.

We spend a bit of time there but also stomping miles of small streams.

Is this more your size?

dsc00312hy0.jpg

Yep. Now I feel more comfortable. Great pics. It looks like you've got some great water to fish. Do those fish below the dam feed on mysis shrimp? I used to live near the Taylor dam in Colorado, which had a similar situation.

No shrimp here but that tailwater is thick with bugs. Mayflies, caddis, and stones. Right now its mostly blue winged olives and sulphers...