Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catmaster1

Flying Carp

14 posts in this topic

Interestingly the last time we were out on the river we found another kind of fish that likes to get airborn! Shad, and we did manage to net a couple as they tried to boggie by us. We found that thes shad were more sensitive to high intensity light than sound like the asian carp.

Reminds me of this vid: LINK

Here's a video from a year ago saying the carp had already made it to MN...

As much as I hate to say it, that looks like fun!

I remember about 3 summers ago I was fishing shallow water on the south end of Pepin. Came through a school of fish and about 5-10 jumped out of the water. It was too dark out to see them, but I did think of Asian carp, apparently my suspicians were right. If what they say about them is true, the river is gonna be in real trouble. crazy.gif

Pretty good article there WCS. How has trout fishing been for you this summer?

Thank you for the link, I will definately be trying to snag one of these the next time I see them. I am about 95% sure that is what we saw that night on the Miss. They were way to big to be anything else.

hey Chris, good to hear from you. I haven't been out since June. All the busy summer activities for the kids and my baseball season have kept me busy and sore all summer. I finally realized that I am getting too old for baseball, so I plan to get a boat before next summer and get back to fishing more. I do plan to hit the Iowa streams once the kids go back to school and I get my Friday's back.

You'll have to shoot me an e-mail sometime we'll have to re-live that trip down to the Rush? Will probably have to wait till the end of Sept though.

Sounds like a plan. Are you still using the yahoo email address?

Yep, If I get an open weekend before I'll let you know.