• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pleasant Lake Reports?

I will be taking the family to Pleasant Lake Aug. 11 For a week of fishing and siteseeing. Does any one have a currant report on the lake. How about the water level, I have heard that it is down quite a bit. I would appreciate any info or suggestions on what works and what is biteing.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Twocyltom

Check down the list a bit - I asked a similar question not too long ago. You might have a bit of a challenge coming out of that resort depending upon the type of boat you have. I have found that bay to be pretty shallow unless there is a deep channel that I have not managed to find.

We'll be at the other resort on the lake on the east bank.

Daze Off

Daze Off- Thanks for the response. I haven't had much trouble getting out of the bay, it usually has 8 to 10 feet of water in it. The biggest problem is that it is completly covered with weeds. A guy needs a weed chopper prop of some sort to get through there.

We have stayed at the resort your at several times, that was before they sold off some of the cabins.

We still fish the deeper part of the bay there for panfish a couple of times a day. Look for a pontoon,a green Tracker, and an aluminum resort boat in a group. I will be in the resort boat with a wide brim hat.

Thanks again 2cyltom

Wow! We might have been "vacation neighbors" at some point in the past - we started staying there about 18 yrs ago and regularly had the last cabin down the road to the north - even when it was the last one they had along the road and completely separated from the rest of the resort...

I should have been more precise - I was referring to the weeds as well. Being a bass guy I am often found in shallow water....

Hope we cross wakes up there.

Daze Off

Daze Off We might have crossed paths at one time. We usually had the third cabin up. we stayed in the Lodge the year before they sold some cabins off. Then we went down to Pine Manor on the south end untill the church group bought it a few years back.Since then we have been on the north end. Boy I can't wait to get up there, I'm counting the days now.

Twocyltom

You and me both - I always have a milk run of bass spots to explore first thing and see what's moved in there since last I visited....

Not hard to imagine we have both been there at some point at the same time over the years - I know our time up there has changed over the years and some years I have done nothing but camp in a tent there. A few years ago I spent a total of 3 full weeks there duing one summer.

Daze Off

Hey guys, I grew up going to Pine Manor. I was not aware there was another resort on the lake. Can you pass along the name? I'd like to go back for a weekend sometime to see what I can catch now that I know what I am doing.

There have been a few resorts other than Pine Manor on the lake. There used to be Northwoods Resort, East Bay, Pleasant Pines, and Twin Springs. Only Pleasant Pines and Twin Springs are still in operation.

jj - Good luck! Maybe we'll see you up there sometime! I do love that lake! And, it is close enough to Woman, another lake I really like, to trailer there for variety!

Daze Off

I never paid much attention to what else was on the lake - was one of them what is now the church camp and the other on the mid-lake point on the west side?

Daze Off

Hi Daze Off. I am 2cyltom's brother. There used to be at least 4 resorts and ymca camp on the lake. There was one at the far south east corner, one where the church camp is ( We have a picture of tom and myself by cabin #2 here in 1959 ), pleasant pines - we called it Laugasins sp. before and twin springs where we stay now. The camp was on the west bank north of the point.

Maybe we will run into each other next week.

Tom: I talked to Bill last night and he said that Bob is renting another pontoon.

Hope so - I'll be in a black Lund Explorer with a 75 merc. Will be out at first light most days for sure - the rest is dependent upon the family. I plan to pull the boat at least one day to go to Woman and perhaps another to go to Island over near Deer River - great crappie lake (and I have never been able to find slab crappies on Pleasant - although admittedly I have not tried all that hard LOL)

I thought those cabins way down the south end looked like they might have been a resort at one time. The religious camp sounds like some kind of military camp sometimes with herds of feet poounding from one place to another and loud group responses.

Daze Off

I was just doing some research on the lake, using the Google Earth satalite views and discovered a resturant lounge on the east shore towards the south end of the lake. Does any one now if this is true? I know it was'nt there when we were up there in June last year.

Also has anybody fished Pleasant Lake in the last couple of weeks to know what the conditions are and how the fishing is? We are heading that way in 2 days. If any one else wants to chime in I would appreciate any info.

Twocyltom

Two, we have a cabin on the southeast side of the lake. I have been going up to Pleasant for about 25 years now and I never remember a restaurant on the lake. As far as fishing, I would fish a different lake. Pleasant has gone into its typical "shut down" mode for the summer. From about the end of June, fishing has been non-existant. I have fished this lake for years and have tried numerous things. I've fished shallow, I've fished deep, I have also fished deep thinking the fish were suspended all with little or no luck. When are you going to be up? And what are you going to be fishing for? Maybe we could hook up and I could show you a few nearby lakes that have been hotter than Pleasant.

Lake - like two I will be up there all nedt week and fishing for bass primarily but like I said earlier in a post I would love to find a walleye bite somewhere but I know almost nothing about walleye fishing....

Please give me a shout if you see me on the water - I fish that area (SE) regularly when up there. Have done pretty well over the years in August for bass anyway. Last year I even managed to catch a smallie there. Of course, now that I have said that I have jinxed myself for this year - kind of like getting out the measuring stick before the first fish is in the boat...LOL

My bass fishing is totally C & R - I have never harvested a fish from Pleasant Lake but have caught a good many. I'll see if I can figure out the way to post a pic from last year in August - my daughter caught triplet 4 lb'ers from your area.

Daze Off

OK - here we go....let's see if this works. This fish was caught in the SE corner of the lake on Aug. 14, 2006. The second image is of a rarity for me - two fish on the same topwater at the same time on a flat near the resort (4 days after the first pic)

Photobucket Homepage

Photobucket Hompage

Daze Off

Daze, I would be more than happy to help you with some walleyes. What dates are you going to be there? I have pretty much given up on Pleasant for walleyes until this fall, but we could head over to another favorite lake of mine. The funny thing is, the pic of your daughter, is right out in front of our dock! I mean within 10 feet of it. Look for a 18 foot black and gray Alumacraft tiller with Gamakatsu decals on the wave wackers. I may give it a shot on Pleasant again soon. I don't bass fish, but you should have some pretty good luck over in the same area. I have seen some pigs under the boat lift and around the dock lately.

LOL - we may have chatted in years past as I have definately shot the breeze with some homeowners as I made my way down the "row". I recall one in particular where we had a running conversation as I harvested 3-4 fish from under his dock. Glad to hear some pigs have taken up residence....I like to bring the kid along - cast the bait for her, hand her the rod, and let her take it from there.

We'll be arriving sometime late afternoon on Saturday and staying through the following Friday - we have to leave a day early to get my daughter off to college. Would love any help you could provide to give me a fighting chance to catch a couple of walleye.

Daze Off

LakeDoctor - How can I reach you when we get up there? I guess aside from sending me an e-mail at [email protected] all I can say is watch for the black Lund Explorer with a big guy in front....hope we can meet up!

Daze Off

Just got back - had a pretty good week of bass fishing topping off with a 5 pounder on a buzzbait off the corner of a dock this morning. For the first time I did not catch a big fish from any of my usual spots all week - I did catch several good sized fish deep (20+ fow) while drop-shoting though. Never had done that before.

Sorry I did not manage to run into any of you guys - was looking forward to meeting you.

Daze Off

We just got back 2 hours ago. The first day out we were approached by a black Lund explorer with DNR doing a lake survey, as well as the second and third day. So I was a little gun shy about finding your boat. I think that we pass by you several times while we were trolling in a green Tracker. I think we were also close when you possibly rolled up a bouy marker near the west point.

We did fairly well on Northerns. We got 2 good sized Walleye off the east point. Panfish were good to us too.

I remember your boat and you are right about that being me. I had some pretty good luck bass fishing on the mid-lake humps.

I got nailed three times for creel surveys last week - twice by some kid in the black boat and the last time by some girl with a pretty snotty attitude. I wish I knew if I could have told her to jump in the lake and not been in some kind of trouble for refusing a creel survey. We kept absolutely nothing so there is no problem there.

Resort owner tells me the DNR is considering a 3 fish walleye limit on the lake and is likely going to be stocking it in the future.

I caught more smallies this year then ever before - wonder if that means anything?

Daze Off