• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I’ll be staying in Two Harbors (actually Larsmont) this Fri 8/3. I’m thinking if I get up really early on Sat AM, I could fish for a few hours. It would need to be close and the species really wouldn’t matter although I would like to try my hand at something we don’t have down here in Rochester.

I’ll probably do the Two Harbors Breakwall if I don’t here of anything else. What are a few tactics that might work?

Again, I’d be game for about any species. Suckers, panfish, trout, bass, eyes, catfish. (I just need to know what equipment to bring). Honestly I really don’t know what that area has to offer, so I’m planning on bringing a variety of gear

Thanks in advance for your help. Any options\opinions are welcome. I'm sure this has been addressed before and if so, please point me to the thread(s)

PS.. I’m staying in Hinckley/Danbury on Sat and Sun nights

Thanks!

There is a great thread for the two harbors breakwall you could find through the search feature. If you get bored stop up at grand superior lodge, myself, shiner, illtakewhaticanget, and cheffrey work up there, although you'll probally run into cheffrey at larsmont. Have a great trip!

Tyler, go here and good luck on the wall! It's been very good to me over the years. Even now that I'm up in Ely it tempts me still. Well, the tourists don't tempt me. grin.gif

And dawn is a special time out on the wall. Hardly any tourists have slept off their hangovers yet, and the sunrise over the lake is worth it no matter how the fishing is. And, as far as that goes, dawn is a great time to get a few of those cohos and kings if they're in close. The DO like their low light periods.

Krocs up high and fast for salmon, steelies and loopers, down low and slow for lakers. Oops, that was just the whole Two Harbors Breakwall how-to in one sentence! shocked.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I think the Breakwall would be a good change of pace and something you can't do in Rochester.

Thanks stf and others.

I was the first person on the breakwall on Saturday morning and had the pleasure of seeing the sunrise over a glassy Lake Superior. WoW!

I worked Krocs in orange/hammered gold, green/silver, and blue/silver (all medium/middle size). For the most part I worked the lower sections of the water column, but I did make several countdown casts. I also tried a few raps but casting distance wasn't really there.

2 fish made it to the cement and both were rainbow trout (8" and 14") and neither were caught by me. I had to call it a day at 9:00am. They were caught a small Little Cleo green/silver about half way between the elbow and the tip.

Thanks for the report, Tyler. Looks like you paid the breakwall gods on your first trip there. Some days are fishless, others bountiful, but I've strung as many as three days in a row out there without seeing a fish, and then suddenly all heck can break loose.

The little 'bows were probably stocked this year and last year. Lots of them hang around the wall.

I payed my dues to the Breakwall gods too. Sunrise to 9 a.m., one strike from a dinky Rainbow at the end of the retrieve and missed him. Got interviewed by the creel clerk. Was the only one out there until about 8 a.m. when another guy came out. The creel clerk said that guy had gotten a coho and a laker the day before.

Nice to watch the sunset come up and I was in about a dozen photos (little do they know I'm no local). Lots of boats. Drove out of the lot and when I came no one was there, when I left I counted 25 trailers.

Well, it beats not fishing.