• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pleasant Lake Walleye?

I'm a die-hard bass guy but the domestic goddess has decreed that I should catch some walleye so we can dine on said piscatorial delight.

We'll be on Pleasant Lake for the week starting Aug 11th - what should I be doing (besides going to the grocery store) to catch walleyes on that lake at that time? Is it primarily a night deal or what? Is it leeches, minnows, or crawlers or none of the above? Lindy Rig, jig, cranks?

Please help the clueless....Be glad to share some bass insights from there in return....

Daze Off

Try trolling Cordel Wally Divers in Fire Tiger Pattern on southern and eastern shoreline mornings and late afternoon. Also off eastern point near south end of lake. I haven't tried fishing after dark but southwest shoreline, western point with bouy marker and west shoreline near north end of lake have the most rock structure. I will be up there the same week staying at the Resort on the north end of the lake. I have better luck catching Northerns than Walley. I haven't tried Bass much but have seen several large Bass at the fish cleaning shack. I hope this helps you out. Maybe we will cross paths while we are on the lake. Good Luck

Two - thanks and keep an "eye" (no pun intended) out for a black Lund Explorer with a big ugly guy in front.

Daze Off