Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marbleye

Lake Miltona or Ida

3 posts in this topic

Any walleye reports on these 2 lakes? I'm heading there this weekend...Thanks!

Marbleye, spent a week out on Miltona last week. Water temps were in the high 70's-low 80's, . Did manage to get a few walleyes trolling shadraps in the 13-17fow range. Nothing as far as a trophy if that's what you're looking for but nice quality eating fish, 15"-17" range. went to Ida last sunday and got nothing but bass, did see a couple of guys slipper bobbering in about 30 fow pull up a few, but there bladders were coughed up when they got them in the boat, tough to release a big fish then. frown.gif

Did manage some fish on Ida from Fri.-Sun. but for the most part they were small (12-14") Got one nice one (23") that was released. All mid lake structure. Varied from shallower structure to deep. For the most part, caught on Leeches. Did manage some on crawlers but they are hard to fish next to the weeds with the sunfish around. I would imagine that retails would work but I'm not willing to "sell the farm" on bait until we get into the fall a little more.