Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Alan

Spin Casting Reels

Alan

So, in the close quarters of the inside of the reel, what's the trick to putting new line on? I have been trying to get the technique down for casting the bait casting reel I bought, but I am putting that away for a while. Frustrating with all the birds nest I keep getting. So I bought a spin casting reel, but I want to get some stronger better line on it. How do you get the line tied when it's behind the spool? Not nearly as simple as a spinnig reel or bait casting..

chief

There should be a single nut holding the "lid" to the spool in place. Removing this should allow you to quickly strip old line and allow you to attach new line. Be sure to reattach spool and nut before winding new line, and be sure to thread new line through the opening on your reel housing before you tie it to the spool. If you don't do this, it will be very tough to spool line evenly.

Alan

Thanks, I did not know if I could take off that lid to the spool, that would make it easier. Thanks again..

jigginjim

Alan, 1st on your baitcasting reel. If you fill the spool 2/3 full, and tighten down the spool nut. Tighten it to the point that you may only cast 20 to 30ft. Then loosen nut as you get more familar with the reel. Remember at the end of your casts, your palm is to be facing down.

For your spincasting reel, push button to release line, remove cover. Unspool line.

To replace line on spool. Run line through hole in cover, tie line to spool, replace cover and begin winding.

jaydog

i had the same problem with my baitcasters they just made nests until i bought my pflueger trion they is some thing to say about u get what u pay for!!

ps thats my third pflueger frist baitcaster we never buy anything else

jigginjim

jaydog I have several different baitcasting reels. ABu garcia,browning, diawa, shamano, and pfluegers. All have been good reels some do perform better than others. For all the days I spend fishing, only 1 has failed. Mainly due to being fished alot and extremely hard. Some reels can't hold up to the riggers of speed trolling, then cranking in 7lb plus while moving.

Give me your tired, and weak. I'll really show them tired and weak. Check your drag?