Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ishgood

Lowrance Green Box

5 posts in this topic

Anyone know how many watts these things were?

I have one, wondering if it would be any good for ice fishing.

I think they were only around 400 watts. I had bought one a few years ago to use on the ice and I know of a lot of people that do. I then thought I got a good deal on an FL-6 that wasn't and then walked into a sweet deal on a LX3. Thus I never tried the green box.

I used one while ice fishing for years and it worked fine for this. It will show the fish going through the cone and that is what I needed the most. I really cna't remember if I could see my jig or not.

I used one back n the day when I was a hard fishing teen ager. It show fish very well and your lure depending on what you're using. Lots of better options out there but it'll do the job.

I used one this last winter a few times.

Problems

-very susceptible to interference

-couldn't see lure (very important!)

It's good for finding the depth, but for ice fishing it didn't work well enough to justify brining it out anymore. I still have it. I'm keeping it because it only cost me a $1 and it looks cool.

I finally broke down and bought an really old FL-8 that I used several times this winter. I now own a brand new Marcum LX1 that I can't wait to use this winter.