• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Boarding kennels

DrJ

I live in the north metro and would like to find a good boarding place for my labs. One is 11 years old but the pup will be 9 months old and needs some attention, some exercise and play time. Anyone have experience with a kennel that they thought was good.I will be leaving them for 2 weeks. Thanks for any info DrJ.

Typo Lake Kennels in Stacey, MN. (Just off 35)

They have good prices and a good facility. I used them for 4 days when I got married this past winter and would definitely recommend them.

I have trained with Greg (owner/trainer of Typo Lake Kennels) one day and he treated a small group of us (3 guys/dogs) great...he was very informative/helpful and worked with us for two hours longer than we had scheduled with him.

I have never boarded my dog at Armstrong Kennels, but it is in Ramsey. I have friends that go there and they are happy. Even with Game Fair going on they still have plenty of people working the kennel.

If your heading north you can bring them to Happy Hound Hotel in Rock Creek right off of 35. They are great people, very affordable and it's a nice place. That's were my lab goes if needed. They love to play with the dogs and will walk them on a trail they have if you want to as well.

"hooks"

Blaine Kennels off of 85th / Radisson. They have given my lab excellent care. They also have a play time option. My dog actually gets excited when he goes there. He loves it. Dale and Coleen have been in the business for many years and run a solid operation. Dale is also a trainer, so if you want anything else for your 9 month old, he can take care of you.

If it is going to be for two weeks, I would look towards a trainer to do a short training session on him instead of a boarding kennel. That would take care of the exercise and attention needs of that young pup plus it will give him a little extra training before the season.

CW