Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huskie

Any Knife River Area action?

9 posts in this topic

I will again be heading up to Duluth this week end for one last shot at the big Lake. Dad and I will head out of the Knife River Marina Sat and Sunday mornings hopefully. Has anyone been having any luck in the area or will we need to run north aways before we put the lines in the water? Have any depths or colors been working better, earlier we had some luck with purple also we will run downriggers and put out 1 board, thanks.

Quote:

Huskie, shoot me an e-mail I was out there last Sat.

[Em

ail

]Outdoorranman@aol.com

Thanks outdoorranman, I got dad on some fish in the area's you mentioned on Sat. before the wind picked up, then on Sunday we found good water temps out in front and down towards Stony Point. Picked up two nice fish in the 7-8 lb. range one salmon and one laker plus a couple of smaller ones that we kept. Threw back a big steelhead as well. I think he is out again this morning in the same area and will let you know how he does, thanks again.

am heading that way this wednesday, anyone been out recently?

thanks

O

Huskie, you're more than welcome. Glad you got some fish.

Sam, I sent you an email

was out of knife river yesterday, trolled down to stony pt then back up past the island just to the north. could not find anything unless we stay in 180 ft or so. everything was down about 45 - 50 feet. caught 1 laker, 1 chinook, and three steelheads. sure did hate having to throw the last one back, was around five pounds or so. lost two other fish, one got off; the other broke the line, was using 17lb test, would have like to see what it was. only one came off the rigger all the other were on boards. a good day all in all.

S

Cool report, Sam. You know, if one didn't get away, I wouldn't know how to act.

The older I get, the more I seem to say: "I didn't need to land that thing that kept stripping line off my maxed-out drag — I just wanted to get at LOOK at the monster!" grin.gif

Thanks for the report Sam.

Any weight on the boards?

Frank

only tried one line with a weight, all the rest were shallow diving stickbaits.

Sam