Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
South_Metro_Slayer

lake independence ? fishin question

6 posts in this topic

my union fishing tournament is this month on lake independence, ive never fished it before, any tips on where to fish would be appreciated, Ill probably go for pike,bass, is there a good amount of walleyes in that lake, ii know nothing of this lake. if anybody wants to give up there hotspot u can email me ltbollman@yahoo.com. i know the big pike r goin in deeper water so that would probably be my best bet, also is there a bait shop nearby that lake thanks guys and good luck fishin

I had some luck there earlier in the season. There are a lot of walleyes, but mostly 10-12 inchers. If your tourney is not species specific, but a biggest fish kind of thing go for northern. We've had decent northern including ~10lb-er my buddy pulled up.

Wanna trade some info?? I just moved to the south metro (West Saint Paul) and am still driving up to the northern metro where I am more familiar. Would love to get some info on a good south metro spot. If you have a GPS I will give you some really specific spots on Indy to try. If you don't I can still point you in the right direction.

Shoot me an email at johnnydader(*)gmail(*)com if you are interested.

Bait, I do not know. I get mine in ER before heading down.

I ice fish this lake 2-3 times during winter. I have never summer fished lake. I would say straight out access and to the left. There are a couple of deep hole to work around. Also I know on south end of lake (straight out acces and to the left) there is a 18 foot hole close to shore. This is another good area to try.

Good luck!

If allowed, I would speed troll for the bigger pike and muskies will also hit. Buzz and spinnerbait for bass. troll cranks for walleyes.

Gulp crawlers on spinner rigs have been working great for walleye, bass, and muskie...up til last weekend. Yeah, you read that right! No blue! I think they went deep. Explore the lake. Start in 20' and run parallel with the shore. There's a ton of structure in the lake. Some major rock piles come up from 25' to less than 10. It's always productive casting for bass around the YMCA island.

I got 3 nice bass of from lilly pads last night, 15,16 & 18 inch. Also a 13 inch bass under a dock(senko). A 24 inch pike on the weedline 5-6 feet deep(spinnerbait). All came from the north side striaght out from the landing and to the left. (from the bridge heading north and around that small bay and a little down the shoreline. We also caught another 5 or so under 12 inches in slop weeds in the same area(senko). And an 11 incher way way out from the dock with the green canvas. it gradually gets deeper to about 13 ft and then comes up to 9 ft with small rocks (carolina rig).

Good luck