Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stratos

Gull lake Fishing

7 posts in this topic

I was wondering how the fishing is doing on Gull. I will be up there the weekend of August 11th. Also I would like a GPS map of the lake any good websites to go to find one?

Thanks in advance

I recommend the Lakemaster Pro Map of Gull Lake. It is by far the best map produced of the lake. You can get one at our shop or another store up here or search for Lakemaster online. The fishing has been pretty good out there but varies by species. Lots of bass, pike, panfish, and starting to see a few more walleyes. Stop in when you come up and we'll point out some of the hot spots that our guides have been fishing. It might be when the walleyes start going nuts, I guess we wait and see.

Jason Erlandson

Overall the fishing on Gull has been good and is getting better. I was out yesterday afternoon from 2 pm until 4:30 pm.. (Tough part of the day). Fishing the big structure edges on the main lake in 10 - 16 ft of water throwing a crank bait picked up 2 decent walleyes, 2 Northerns (one very large fish (40 inches) and about a dozen bass with the largest at 4+ lbs.. Not bad considering the time of day. All fish were immediately released.

The night before last I fished from 7 pm until dark throwing a spinner bait in shallow water along shore and caught and released at least 20 bass..

All in all you should do quite well! During the day fish the breaks around big structure.

JConrad. What size type crank were you using to get the walleys/northerns?

#9 jointed shad rap deep diver.. Silver in color.

Thank you for the information I will be stoping in and picking up a map. Were are you from Gull Love lake camp ground?

I am on the west side of the lake a bit north of the campground. Also the shad rap is a #7 not a #9...