• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We have never been up to this lake. Does anyone know how to catch the summer walleyes on Lake Emily? I really appreciate any help.

LUCK, is about the only way. they are in there but the lake is real shallow and weedy.

there are some good size fish, but it is a tough lake to fish.

lots of small pike and crappies and i've seen some good size bass.

i would say bobber fish with leeches in the evening is your best bet. if possible i would go to roosevelt for walleyes

and drag crank baits over the deep water.

I would have to agree that finding them will take alot of luck. The weeds this year seem to be really bad. I've actually caught more walleye in Mary than Emily. Mary is deeper and has more humps and flats.

Irishbob, Whats the Rice crop looking like up there for this fall by chance?. Haven't had a chance to get up there to look.. too busy this summer. Thanks!

I haven't been out too much either, the rice looked good out on lows lake

Last time I was at my brother in laws place. I have been pretty busy also.

I have to make some time though I have to start the training on my new

duck hunting partner, he Is real stubborn but mostly lazy, he does about

5 or 6 retrieves and then will take the bumper and go lay down somewhere.

Definatly a lot harder to train than the dog I lost last fall. She was really

missed last duck season.

yeah, I've got a new pup this summer also..they are a handful thats for sure. thanks for the info.

i checked out a couple lakes last night, rice looks good.

duck lake is way down you would need a boat that can travel in 6" or less the water was at least 5' from the end of the dnr dock.

yeah, I can never remember if its high water in spring and low in summer or vice versa..sounds good though! thanks for the info.