Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

Sunfish bite

3 posts in this topic

Anyone been out playing with the sunnies? Looking to go out tommorrow and wondering if anything is going on.

If you would rather e-mail me and not post on the board, feel free. smile.gif

I've been on the river chasing catfish and have lost track of the lakes.

Thank-You.

Thanks for all the e-mails. Looks like all I have to do know is go.

E-mail sent. smirk.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Cret Jigs
          Probably fishing Blue Lake ... or green lake, I have caught my biggest crappies around Opening weekend.  Might give a cast or three for some walleyes but love to fish Bass now, super fun catching those big ones!!   I am mostly a catch n release guy but like a good pan fish meal and looking at getting a smoker!!  Bass ... always catch n release, especially in our metro lakes to keep fishing good.  Was shocked how many people were keeping bass in a local small lake last fall!!  Doesn't take long to wipe out a small body of water.  Some fisherman think they have to keep everything they catch!!  most phones have a good camera on them ... take a pic and release for good fishing future.   Again, its OK to have a meal ... just know what, where, and your species of fish and how spawn and body of water applies to the lake size, ect...    Cret
    • kayakfisherman
      Thanks, I'm excited about it too. I've fished those lakes and know for a fact that the existing maps are at best incomplete, and occasionally plain wrong. So I'm really looking forward to seeing what the data shows. 
    • kayakfisherman
      Not sure about KAXE , but WEVE from Virginia comes in. They are so bad, they are almost good! Their tag line was "Not too hard, and not too soft" to which I add "and not too good" If you want to hear schmaltzy drek from the 80's then tune in. 
    • Stick in Mud
      Very cool project.  I just got back from up there, and I'll be up again on another solo the first week of May.  I'll check back if I decide to enter near Ely.  
    • Cret Jigs
      Eyeguy - what size weight are you using at the Miss?  Are you using a bullet weight and a worm hook to hold your crawler?   Cret