Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bturck

Quiet on your side

5 posts in this topic

Dave; fished your side of the lake on Friday night, not much going on at your cabin though. The boat was still in the lift and the pontoon tied up also, so that's good news. Not much going on, lots of little fish, but the evening was great. Bill

Bill, sounds like I'm not missing much from not fishing lately. Things kind of slow down in the heat of the summer anyways. Last time I was by your cabin it looked like you've been busy painting and fixing it up. I hope to catch up for lost fishing time this fall, I should be at the lake more then, maybe we'll run into each other. Going to try and get up to LOW late Sept. also, looking forward to that.

Dave

LOW, never fished it during open water. Usually get up 4-5 times on the ice though. You should have a good trip, sounds like they are still catching fish up there.

Ya we resided the cabin in May and enlarged the entry plus all new plumbing and a 50 gallon water heater. Retiring next year June 1 and really wanted all of this out of the way by then. Headed back tomorrow night, will probably have to sit in air conditioning with the weather forecast. Boy we sure could use some rain.

I'm looking forward to the fall as well, sure was decent last year. We'll catch up eventually. Bill

Speckled sunfish are biting. This time of year think drifting,mister twister,deep water.

Ron, you are correct, plastics far outfishing any live bait right now. Bill