Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ralph Wiggum

Shipping a St. Croix

5 posts in this topic

I snapped an Avid this week and need to send it back. What's the best method? It broke darn near in the middle, so it is only going to be about 3.5 feet long, but finding a box for it is proving a little difficult.

For a few extra dollars you can pick up a piece of pvc. Maybe you have a scrap piece laying around too.

Yep, I agree about the PVC. It is really not that expensive if you just go buy 4ft or so, and with the new USPS rates, it is usually cheaper to send it via Priority mail because there is no surcharge for extra length. I ship and receive a lot of rods and I have never had any problem with PVC, I have received a couple rods in cardboard tubes, and both of them have been damaged upon arrival. One came in two pieces via FedEx and one came with a couple smashed eyelets via USPS. So I think whenever possible go with PVC, even though your rod is broke, it will be look better for warranty purposes if it is in its present two piece condition than possibly in four.

Not sure if it would be cost effective to come and get it but I have a rod Cylinder that Loomis sent when they repaired my Walleye Series.

I have some PVC also.

Those Walleyes really fight you may want to beef that rod up a little... grin.gif

Quote:

Those Walleyes really fight you may want to beef that rod up a little...
grin.gif

If I would have broken it on a walleye, I wouldn't have told anyone about it and just ate the cost tongue.gif

Didn't you break that Loomis of yours on a bullhead?