Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chunkytrout

Burntside 7/29

14 posts in this topic

Trolled 9 hours. 2 releases but ended up 0 for 2. Water temp is way hot. Tried all my old haunts but to no avail. Spoke to two other anglers with the same results. Ah, the dog days. Might try to sneak up to Tofte or Ojib this week after work and poke around up there.

Must have the beast water ready!!!

Chunk, if you hit Ojib take a look at the roller portage into Triangle to see if I could get the 16' up and across. I'm coming out of the BWCA August 23rd, but boat camping around Ely until the 30th. We'll talk this weekend!

I had surface temp at 81 degrees most of the weekend on B-side!

Quote:

Must have the beast water ready!!!

Yep, she's all there minus a graph so I was fishing blind but the balls never lie grin.gif . Ojibs roller portage is in great shape. This coming from a frequent visitor of it that I know. Your rig will be no problem at all. I don't think my girl will make it over to triangle though. If I got rid 500 pounds of motor, maybe. See ya this weekend!

Quote:

I had surface temp at 81 degrees most of the weekend on B-side!

I thought I smelled poached trout! Made me hungry grin.gif

Just left some maps on your boat. Didn't know what else to do with them.

Finns.

Quote:

Just left some maps on your boat. Didn't know what else to do with them.

Finns.

HEY MAN!!!!! Thanks for the maps! I have contractors leaving me blueprints all the time. I was like "Why did they put them on my boat?" . What a nice surprise. How long are you up? Where ya staying?

ShigWak and leaving Sat. am. Going to Fall tomorrow and maybe White Iron Fri.

Finns.

Whatsamatter,

You too big of a sissy to try Burntside?? grin.gifgrin.gif

Thanks for the report Mike, now where the pictures of da'boat.

GO; Spent parts of Tues. and Wed. on the Side with no luck crazy.gif on the trout so going to look at some other water while I'm here.

Finns.

Finns, Burtnside doesn't like to unlock her secrets. frown.gif

Frank, I'll get some pice and post them. That is, if I ever get to ride in the tub. grin.gif

Steve, playing at the 4 Mile Lake Boogie this weekend. Next weekend?

Uh, I'm actually playing professional photo dude that weekend. frown.gif