Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mudcutter

santanna

8 posts in this topic

anybody else think that black magic was on his way to a no-hitter?? 11K's throu 6. I think he might be finding he's summer magic. No win for him, but it was a very well pitched game. Twins need to keep him. He may be the best pitcher the Twins have ever had.

santana is a great pitcher yet but to go as far as the best they have ever had ?? i'm not too sure about that.. Viola was awesome in his day also. don't 4get about Bert either ..he gave up a longball or 2 but ALWAYS kept you in the game

Hes not going ne where. They cant afford to give him up.

a few stats between Frankie V and Black Magic;

FV- Wins 176 Loss 150 %.540. 3.73ERA. 2836IP, 864BB, 1844K.

JS- Wins 89 Loss 39 %.695 3.16ERA 1237IP, 347BB, 1302K.

With santana's W-L % of nearly .700 and nearly 11K per 9IP-

I'll take Black Magic any day of the week.-

most of Bert's stat's came from other teams, thou it's a joke he's not in the Hall with 60 Shutouts and 3800K's.

Mud . you can't deny that Sweet Music was a great pitcher when the game was on the line though right?? besides JS hasnt pitched as long as FV and his k's to IP is great yes but his ERA could get up there by FV's also in time

Sweet Music was a gamer, no doubt about it. In that regard-- santana has some things to learn. Black Magic was not so good , or say, unfortunate with run support agst Zito last year. I'd say that Santana has the best talent and stats, and sometimes that doesn't win big games. Either way- the Twins don't get guys like this very often. I hope they keep him around to get a chance again in a big game in the postseason.

Santana's are few and far between. I would guess he will go down as one of the best the Twins have ever seen. zThats pretty good company when mentioned with Frankie & bert.

harvey get your boat ready, the walleyes should take off here on LQP SOON im guessin grin.gif