• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Need advice...fish diving in weeds

Hi all, Looking for advice. When you hook a fish and it dives into heavy weeds, what's better? Waiting them out and letting them untangle themselves some, or trying to horse them out. Seems like it's been happening to me a lot lately.

Thanks, Fredaddy

I usually go in after them with the trolling moter, but keep a decent pressure on the fish.

Yep, you gotta keep the line tight. As soon as you let it loosen up, that's when the fish could get unhooked, which will happen a lot anytime you let the line go loose. Get closer if you can, because the closer you are, the more you are pulling them straight up out of the weeds rather than across them.

tighten up your drag - do some push-ups and pull those little suckers out as hard as you can. obviously a good line will be needed. i prefer spider wire stealth - don't know why - i just know it is strong and i have always used it without any problems