Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smalliecrazy

water levels

10 posts in this topic

hey guys im new to this site. i love all the input you guys give. i have a question, the part of the river i fish is getting really low is this true for the whole upper miss or is there more water up from st cloud. i fish monti and do well but there is almost no water left. any input is much appreciated

thanks

Welcome to the site! If ya want to drop me a email, I'd be happy to discuss options with ya. KT

Smallie, welcome aboard. Most of the upper miss. gets to low for some most boats this time of year. There are no dams to hold water levels.

I think up stream of St. Cloud, it gets worse.

One word - DROUGHT frown.gif

thanks guys im going to try again this weekend so lets hope for some rain. im in a jon boat so i can go through pretty skinny water but still have to get out and push

just went out today. water dangerously low. Our 14 ft alumacraft could make it through the rapids but the motor however couldnt. smacked a log trolling and locked up all the gears or something. couldnt get it to shift so we had to float to the next landing bout a mile down. caught some nice smallies though laugh.gif

Anyone know if there a place to get off the river by canoe if you put in at St. Cloud before Clearwater??? How about the water levels now this route for canoeing?

We were out on the clearwater stretch of the river today, it's REALLY low. The last time I've seen it this low was in '87, we actually drove across in a truck that year. I think you'll be able to navigate it in a canoe no problem, maybe a very short stint near clearwater that you'd have to get out and walk the canoe. We were in a riverpro and made it through, they run in 4" of water or so...

There is a spot to get off near the golf course just south of st. cloud, but I don't know of anywhere else besides that with sufficient parking/loading for a canoe.

hey guys i was back on the river sat. and the water is still low had to get out an push half a dozen times but the fishing was good. also i put in at snuffies landing and had to push the boat off the trailer the water wasnt deep enough to drop the boat in so it would be darn near impossible to load a boat there. thanks for the reports guys