Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DonBo

River Access

7 posts in this topic

Say hi to the new guy. I have fished the St. Croix quite a bit over the years, but never below the Kinni.

Where is a good place to launch on the MN side?

St Croix bluffs but you'll need a park sticker or theres a fee, I launch out of hubs by hastings ,also a fee, accross the river is a public launch on the hastings side no fee welcome to the site! cool.gifcool.gif

Thanks for the info. I have a park sticker as I fish Square Lake. The 6 am opening seems a bit limiting...nice to be on the water early.

St. Croix is a very popular access. I have been launching there for over 20yrs.

Hey Guys

Been out of town lots lately but I'm ready to hit my home waters again-I know the Bluffs ramp can get a little dicey this time of year with water levels- Anyone hitting trailer bottoms when launching yet -Thanks

hoping for some rain to raise water levels

It seems like this time of the year, or when ever the water is low, alotta people back in the water too far. The way that ramp drops off when the water is low means that you only need the very back of the boat in the water. Every boat and trailer that I've had slides right off w/o even getting close to hitting bottom, and I have never scraped a trailer. Just my 0.2.

It does make for some hilarious times though. I saw a Suburban up to the back gate in the water to launch a 14' fishing boat the last weekend. I was suprised it pulled out. I know it's not nice, but I do get a certain amount of pleasure when I see someone bust up their pretty ski/wakeboard boats though. Or the vehicle pullin it. I've seen a guy hit one with the other. Hee Hee.