Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
angler903

staying in Bemidji aug 4-11 (help)

4 posts in this topic

My wife and I are staying in a cabin in Bemidji, and just wonder how the fishing is. Usually fish for walleye, but like catching about anything (never caught a burbot but we would be tickled to catch one). I have a 16' boat with forty horse and bow mount so anything is posible. We are staying at Tabers and heard they deal bait anything else.

What else can we find to do when she gets sick of fishing, historic, scenic, or just fun.

The fishing has been absolutely wonderful on Lake Bemidji as well as numerous other lakes in the area. If you're staying at Taber's, I'm sure they can point you in the direction of some fish...

As for sights, you can travel to the Mississippi headwaters, Lake Bemidji State Park, Animal Land, the lake walk... there are a lot of things to do in the area, just stop at the visitors center and get some information!

You'll love it up here, the fishing is great, and the area is beautiful!

thanks for reply. I've read multiple report that said the fishing has been good. thanks again.

I just finished up 4 days of guiding and released close to 30 fish over 23.5" with the largest going 28". Anybody that says catch and release still kills fish, does not know what they are talking about as we caught the same 23.5" twice last night. The first time the hook was too deep for me to try and remove. 20 minutes later we caught a 23.5 and when I opened her mouth, there's the red hook. I remove but the line still stayed in her mouth. I tugged on it and low and behold it was still connected to the hook (2nd hook). If you play them quick and snap a photo and release, they will be fine. I'm waiting for pics to be emailed to me and I will post once they arrive.