Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aanderud

Campbell/Otter lake

3 posts in this topic

Hey the lake up above the dam -- is it deep enough to launch a pontoon boat for slow-boat pleasure riding around the campground / sanctuary area? There's a relay for life event there next Friday and I was hoping to get the pontoon in there that evening. I heard they were drawing the water down on the resovoir and didn't know the status as of yet.

Any help would be appreciated. Is the water much much lower than normal up there? The ramp is over by Cenex in that little lagoon, I wonder if there's even water there.

The water isn't flowing over the dam, but I would guess it's deep enough for a pontoon. I saw a ski boat out there a week or so ago cruising slowly near the park where they do the water skiing.

I'll check out the ramp at the park, but there is also a ramp on the west side of School Road bridge by Robert's Field (baseball diamonds).

Quote:

The water isn't flowing over the dam, but I would guess it's deep enough for a pontoon. I saw a ski boat out there a week or so ago cruising slowly near the park where they do the water skiing.

I'll check out the ramp at the park, but there is also a ramp on the west side of School Road bridge by Robert's Field (baseball diamonds).

Great, thanks for the info. If they're skiing out there, then slow pontooning should be a cakewalk. If you get a chance to check out the ramp, let me know.