Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christoph

Little Pine

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Anybody got any ideas on the walleye (or northerns) in Little Pine? I only have six more days vacation left. I am on the lake right now. Trolled North Shore in 8-12 feet with no luck last night. Any help would be appreciated. Can't even locate decent perch.

I only caught one walleye on little pine this year, and I was out there about 3-4 times. The only thing I would suggest is maybe fishing a little bit deepeer 15-20 fow. Lindy riggin and crawler worked for me last year. I usually run into northerns along the weedlines.

I'm going to try big pine this weekend, and hope for the best.

If there is anything worth reporting on big or little pine keep us posted. Thanks.

Thanks, SC.

I usually lindy out in 17 fow too but the Sport Shop said 8-12 with cranks. We did that in Dead on Tuesday. Got 2 4 lb. walleyes that went back in and 2 eaters with a couple of crappie and some bass. Anyone got a better lake right now close to Perham?

Lida has been producing lately (shhhh). Not sure how far you want to travel but the "limiting out" words have been in our vocabulary the past couple of weekends. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you some more info.

Forgot to mention... Lida has a slot limit... not sure if that matters to you, but it does turn some people off? 17-26 have to be returned.

I'd trailer to Lida for a limit!!

The last time I fished Little Pine was the first week of July, so things may have changed, but for what it's worth:

I had the best luck with leeches on a plain hook trolling really slow or with a bobber. Didn't catch many but the ones I did get were nice, they all had to go back except for 2.

12-20 fow.

If you (or any one else for that matter) is truly interested in coming over to Lida, give me a buzz on my cell when you get there (701-388-5478). I will put you on all the spots that have been producing and hopefully the bite will still be on. Bring crawlers and leeches (they both seem to work equally well... we haven't tried minnows?). My brother lives and dies by the pinkish/orangish jig and he has had success with it. I myself like crawler harness spinners (hammered gold). We both caught an equal amount of fish (admittedly his tended to be bigger, but there is a slot, so my technique put more in the live well). Don't forget to bring your cranks also. The bite shuts off sometimes with live bait and we often move up shallow in the weeds. I personally love lazy man fishing (pulling cranks) and it has produced at least half the fish. We have pulled at least 4 different kinds of cranks and they seem to like them all. The public access is just off highway 4.

I was on Little Pine last week and fishing seemed to be better during the day time than at night. You are fishing at the right depth. I would also go a little deeper approx 15'. Trolling off the weed lines with DT10's worked for both walleyes and northerns. Also there is a good perch hatch on the lake now, and rapalas that color also got us fish. Black and silver seemed to work the best for me. Good luck if you put your time in on Little Pine it will pay off.