Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snakecharmer

Stalker

20 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any reports on Stalker. I'm going out there tomorrow. Thanks.

what kind of fish ya want

walleye

Ha ha ha ha ha ...walleye in Stalker in this weather? Ya got a better chance of catching a mermaid. Save yer time and money. Sorry. tongue.gif

I might go for that mermaid..

Someone said awhile ago in another post that trolling cranks during mid-day worked well for them on Stalker. I found a great mid-day crank bite on another lake and it's been fun. grin.gif May have to try Stalker, and show pics to the "professional skeptic" on this site. LOL

Who you callin' a "professional skeptic"? Just because I never catch anything on Stalker doesn't make me a skeptic. It makes me a less than skilled angler.

Besides, I can't row fast enough to pull cranks in the middle of the day and my 1974 Johnson is out of service.

grin.gif

grin.gif

Ufatz- your profile states "Philosopher. Curmudgeon.Fly fisher. Double gun man. Dog guy.Professional skeptic."

You called yourself that, I just reminded you. grin.gif

if anyone does go to stalker let me no if you see any gar

Good Grief, you're right. (dope slap) Gotta be more careful what I put on my business card!

See ya out there on the walleye grounds.....probably not catching anything though! grin.gif

All this talk about Stalker, I just had to give it a try for a couple hours. I've never been there in a boat.

carp killer, no gar. Water clarity is like 3'. I found a big algae bloom out there.

Ufatz, there are plenty of bass out there. Walleye too. grin.gif Think really, really small. Bass and walleye did not want anything "typical". Plastics, cranks, spinnerbaits, etc did not work at all for bass. Walleye shallow in the weeds and bass on the dropoffs.

That lake is not easy to troll at all. crazy.gif Breaklines are murder out there. No luck.

A bass club was out there and it sounded like it was slow.

I'd be glad to share my tactics if you like via email. wink.gif

Sure, I'd be happy to share my Stalker lake "secrets" with you. Loan me your address and I'll zip you a note. And thanks for the offer. Mighty nice of ya. grin.gif

We were on Stalker in mid june, saw a lot of Gar & Dogfish.

email to me wat part of the lake please redneck_hunter_2@hotmail.com then i can go shoot me some got any idea on size for the gar i could care less about dogfish they dont taste as good

I have often found them on a hot, calm day sunning them selves on the center flats, or in some of the near shore shoals. Check out the channel between the two lobes leading to the outlet.

Whaddaya mean dogfish don't taste as good as gar? Heck, to my mind Velocaraptor and Tricopterus taste the same as gar. Heck, all that prehistoric stuff tastes the same after a while though doesn't it. Gars and "dogfish" are probably millions of years old. They are actually pretty canny fish. But, like Rosie O'Donnel, they are pretty butt ugly and mean. grin.gif

gar are won of my favorite things to eat ive tried dogfish and still eat it occasionally but it just dont taste as good

You guys are making me sick, I just do not think I could ever try to eat either fish, yuck! Just an opinion. Try German lake for Gar.

gar is really good and theres no bones they just suck to clean we use a hatchet and tin snips i have shot a few fish in german theres ALOT of bullheads there

We kept a big dog fish we caught on Stalker. We haven't ate it yet though.