Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
lancer

Nice Places to see?

lancer

Hello all,

I am heading up to the lakes in a few weeks with some family and friends. I have been fishing the lakes for years but never spent much time site seeing.

I was hoping someone could give me some pointers on scenic locations on kab/nam/sand pt/little vermil etc. I want to show my family a good time and enjoy the scenery of the park.

Thanks

Hitman54

Ellsworth Rock garden and the Kettel falls hotel!

maxfish

Hoist bay the old loging lift towers are a must see and the wall in grassy bay it is on the north side you can not miss it it is 28'deep with your boat touching the wall.

turtleboy

Anywhere is nice.

e86250d7.jpg

Watch out for the Dock Spiders though! This one ran over my bare foot, scared the bejeebers out of me, among other things. e8624321.jpgooo.gif

Down Deep

Got to the end of Lost Bay on Kab and take a hike on the Eks trail. You might be able to find some lake blueberrys.

lancer

appreciate the replys, please keep them coming

bigtimber

Just got back Sat. & with the weather as it is you should stop by a wonderful beach in Little Vermilion. It's a mile or two into the lake. The beach faces North with a large rocky point to the left. There are two small camp sites there. Pure sand & shady for much of the day. Just beach your boat & wade in.

Dr Thunder

Where is Little Vermillion?

Quote:

Just got back Sat. & with the weather as it is you should stop by a wonderful beach in Little Vermilion. It's a mile or two into the lake. The beach faces North with a large rocky point to the left. There are two small camp sites there. Pure sand & shady for much of the day. Just beach your boat & wade in.

Minnesota Wannabe

Lake Agnes

protiller

In addition the above mentioned, take a trip to Namakan Narrows and look at the Petroglyphs on the rock walls.

let it snow

Kettle Falls, Rock Gardens, Gold Portage, Grassy Bay Cliffs, Ash River, Lost Bay, all the narrows i.e. Namakan, Harrison, King William, Sullivan Bay, etc...hike into Ek, Cruiser or Locator...it's a long list - like Turtle Boy said, it's all good! smile.gif

LIS

bigtimber

Lit. Ver. - as soon as you get thru the King Williams Narrows (going N.) make a hard right & after a 1/4 mi or so make another hard right. You're then in L.V. Say hello to the fellow hanging from a tree on an island there.

Dr Thunder

Thank you for the information.

Johnny_Namakan

Hangman's Island. Like bigtimber said, it's on your way into Little Vermilion. When going pass Hangman's Island though, keep right. There is a large reef in the middle there so stay closer to hang man's island and stay right for about 100 yards pass the island and then it's ok to go back to the middle again.

Also, as you get into King Williams narrows, heading North, you'll boat next to a large rock wall on your right (just before you get to the cabins on the East side of the narrows). In that rock wall nature created a person's face in the wall. It's a large face too, it covers the entire height of the wall. I had always thought it was just something that myself and my family had noticed until I recently saw a map that had it labeled as "Face in the Rock." Whenever I go up there with new people and point it out they all see it and are amazed. If you're not looking for it you don't see it. Kind of like seeing shapes in the clouds.