Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lancer

Nice Places to see?

14 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am heading up to the lakes in a few weeks with some family and friends. I have been fishing the lakes for years but never spent much time site seeing.

I was hoping someone could give me some pointers on scenic locations on kab/nam/sand pt/little vermil etc. I want to show my family a good time and enjoy the scenery of the park.

Thanks

Ellsworth Rock garden and the Kettel falls hotel!

Hoist bay the old loging lift towers are a must see and the wall in grassy bay it is on the north side you can not miss it it is 28'deep with your boat touching the wall.

Anywhere is nice.

e86250d7.jpg

Watch out for the Dock Spiders though! This one ran over my bare foot, scared the bejeebers out of me, among other things. e8624321.jpgooo.gif

Got to the end of Lost Bay on Kab and take a hike on the Eks trail. You might be able to find some lake blueberrys.

appreciate the replys, please keep them coming

Just got back Sat. & with the weather as it is you should stop by a wonderful beach in Little Vermilion. It's a mile or two into the lake. The beach faces North with a large rocky point to the left. There are two small camp sites there. Pure sand & shady for much of the day. Just beach your boat & wade in.

Where is Little Vermillion?

Quote:

Just got back Sat. & with the weather as it is you should stop by a wonderful beach in Little Vermilion. It's a mile or two into the lake. The beach faces North with a large rocky point to the left. There are two small camp sites there. Pure sand & shady for much of the day. Just beach your boat & wade in.

Lake Agnes

In addition the above mentioned, take a trip to Namakan Narrows and look at the Petroglyphs on the rock walls.

Kettle Falls, Rock Gardens, Gold Portage, Grassy Bay Cliffs, Ash River, Lost Bay, all the narrows i.e. Namakan, Harrison, King William, Sullivan Bay, etc...hike into Ek, Cruiser or Locator...it's a long list - like Turtle Boy said, it's all good! smile.gif

LIS

Lit. Ver. - as soon as you get thru the King Williams Narrows (going N.) make a hard right & after a 1/4 mi or so make another hard right. You're then in L.V. Say hello to the fellow hanging from a tree on an island there.

Thank you for the information.

Hangman's Island. Like bigtimber said, it's on your way into Little Vermilion. When going pass Hangman's Island though, keep right. There is a large reef in the middle there so stay closer to hang man's island and stay right for about 100 yards pass the island and then it's ok to go back to the middle again.

Also, as you get into King Williams narrows, heading North, you'll boat next to a large rock wall on your right (just before you get to the cabins on the East side of the narrows). In that rock wall nature created a person's face in the wall. It's a large face too, it covers the entire height of the wall. I had always thought it was just something that myself and my family had noticed until I recently saw a map that had it labeled as "Face in the Rock." Whenever I go up there with new people and point it out they all see it and are amazed. If you're not looking for it you don't see it. Kind of like seeing shapes in the clouds.