Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MNcatter

River condititons in redwood falls?

14 posts in this topic

Any of you guys had a boat out in north redwood? Hows the water levels lookin? was thinkin of takin the boat up there on saturday.

Like to help ya but I'm not down that way when I go to the river,But up by GraniteFalls my 14'boat floats OK, but I know which channel to take in low water,some places get walked through.I guess it depends on your boat size and what you are willing to do.Last year it was lower than now.

I have an 18' war eagle, It was low in granite a couple of weeks ago when i was there so i was thinkin of heading to north redwood, so im not inbetween the dams so close.

Were you between the Granite dam and the Mn.Falls dam??or above the Granite dam?I personally think below the Mn.Falls dam and downstream is better.Never caught a flat above MnFalls dam,Have You??

Yeah I have caught flats above the lower damm.

Water levels a month ago were high compared to years past, But now it has gone down a bit.

good fishin though!

Greetings fellas, I am in the process of moving to Redwood Falls this weekend. I am so looking forward to hitting the river down there and meeting some more FMers in that area.

Any info will be great. I am not sure where the landings even are yet.

How has the fishing been?

leaving the north country eh? what brings you down here?

Got a job with the Redwood Falls PD. My family and I will be moving this weekend. Plus them Flatheads are calling my name. I have not had the pleasure of going flatting for a few years now so I need a fix. cool.gif

Welcome down this here way Rusty! You'll have an avatar class fish in no time grin.gif

I can always hope. I cant wait to find some holes. The river is almost bare bones already here.

Welcome! River as I am sure u already know is mostly only passable by canoe right now. I canoed from morton to franklin on this past sat and had to get out 3 times even with the canoe. I have seen it lower but has been a long time. Hope you have good luck fishin and congrats on your new job.

P.S. Tell the cheif to show you where the city boat landing is in morton. Just don't go to close! Sorry bout the lil joke but I am on the fire dept in Morton and know all about it.

Thanks for the welcome. I took my little 14 footer out the other day, yeppers, you are right.. did not get too far. I might have to venture farther East for some water hu?

I take it there is a joke behinde the landing in Morton? grin.gif

Perhaps we will meet one day.

yeah, a past officer was chasing a fleeing vehicle and followed him right down the ramp and into the water. Was funny at the time....kinda feel sorry for the poor bastard now,lol

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Well with all this rain, maybe the river will start to go up a bit finely????????? Can always hope. I have not been able to even get a bite fishing so far since I have been here.. I think I am starting to go into withdrawls.... Wonder how far I have to go up or down river to find decent water levels? Any ideas? Might have to drive a ways.