• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Paul, did you meet with Terry???

rodmaker

Paul,

Just wondering if you ever met with Terry, and how things went. I'm sure there are alot of others wondering.

It has been two or three days since the meeting. Please let us know the outcome. As I recall your post: you were going over the next morning to meet with Terry and then report back.

Thanks,

tweed

I have not been able to make it over there. Duties at the resort haven't allowed me the time to get over there. I'm hoping that I can get over there early next week, as we are all booked full this weekend.

Glad to hear Business is good. Didn't mean to put you on the spot. If you meet , and don't feel like it would be wise to post, I think we at FM would understand.

Take care

Terry needs to think before he speaks in a public forum. That comment did not help the Mille Lacs Business community. He can try to kiss up for that comment all he wants but people will remember that for quite a while.

I wish the DNR would improve the conditions of the current ramps rather than opening new ramps around the lake. They need to dredge almost all of their current ramps.

I agree that it should not have been said. Seems though, many times people in time will forget. Doesnt really bother me as there are plenty of great resorts on Mille lacs that give wonderfull service and would never state that. I personally will continue to frequent the resorts and bait shops there just like always.

I know in the past that Terry often speaks "with his foot in you know where".

If we could, let's not post negative things until Paul posts .We owe that to Paul. He has done many awesome things for us all at FM!!!!! grin.gifcool.gif

Thanks

Rodmaker

Thanks rodmaker for the kudos,

It is not that easy to get away as something always seems to need immediate attention and our on premise guests will always come before all others.

On the other hand, I feel that this is important enough to push it to the top of the plate and get down to the truth of the matter. As I mentioned before, as soon as we get thru the weekend I will be headed over there.

Sorry to all that this hasn't happened sooner, but it just hasn't been possible.

people have already called him on this and he has retracted or stated it was taken out of context. Not sure what someone else talkin to him about this is gonna do?????

If you don't agree with what he said just don't spend your money there. I won't and haven't for many years now, as I can get better service at different places around the lake.

This weeks edition of Outdoors Weekly has a big article and an explanation from Terry on what was said and not said. I read it with an open mind. I'm sure this article may have also been reprinted in other venues as well. Bill

Well I guess he's gotten more free publicity out of this, bad or good, than he could have bought if he was running for president! shocked.gifblush.gifwink.gif

Is this free advertising for Appledorms? Anyway, whats the pound count now days? Anyone? anyone?

I was speaking of Terry, but he has also given the others a helping hand... wink.gif

Terry has followed up his comments with several other statements. There is no longer any point to beat this dead horse.

For the majority of us up here this issue has been laid to rest and we have moved on.

Amen to that.

Paul, I don't want to call you on a Saturday Morning, I know It's your crazy busy time.

Was wondering If you want to make some fishing time on Monday-Tuesday, I'm thinking I could use a 4 day weekend.

Give me a shout when you got time.

Kevin

I totally agree, but with your strong comment about paying him a visit on this important subject i was curious as to what had happened

Quote:

This weeks edition of Outdoors Weekly has a big article and an explanation from Terry on what was said and not said. I read it with an open mind. I'm sure this article may have also been reprinted in other venues as well. Bill

Quote:

Terry has followed up his comments with several other statements. There is no longer any point to beat this dead horse.

For the majority of us up here this issue has been laid to rest and we have moved on.

Unfortunately Terry's article in the outdoors weekly just made me a little more upset. Does he really think that the prostitutes here in the cities can drive up there for days on end ($100 a day for gas) because of a hot bite. Sounds to me like all those same vehicles he sees are locals.

His remarks dont really bother me at all. One needs to just forget what he stated and go fishing. The majority of the business people on the lake are great and really welcome you there. One does have a choice.

The press seems to really want to dwell on his remarks and its old news.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Unfortunately Terry's article in the outdoors weekly just made me a little more upset. Does he really think that the prostitutes here in the cities can drive up there for days on end ($100 a day for gas) because of a hot bite. Sounds to me like all those same vehicles he sees are locals.

I hate to feed this anymore but I think you are missing the point of what he is saying. He may not of used the best words or it may not of came out the right way but most of us really do agree with what he is griping about. I'mnot going to speak for anyone or put any words into anyones mouth but this has to do with people that exploit a lake and a bite.

If you were to find a walleye hole in your area that was producing 22 inch walleyes consistently what would you do with this information and why??

Quote:

I hate to feed this anymore but I think you are missing the point of what he is saying. He may not of used the best words or it may not of came out the right way but most of us really do agree with what he is griping about. I'mnot going to speak for anyone or put any words into anyones mouth but this has to do with people that exploit a lake and a bite.

If you were to find a walleye hole in your area that was producing 22 inch walleyes consistently what would you do with this information and why??

Luciaandtim,

I guess you're right by saying

"The only access to any lake in the state where you might catch a walleye, northern, crappie, sunfish, bass, etc.. should be through a resort and it should only be available to locals, unless you spend $xxxx amount of cash here. Who's needs tourism dollars anyway..

If you live in the city, stay in the city.

If you live in the country, stay in the country.

If you live on the lake, have fun fishing." ... ?...

You know, I'm still going to come to the lakes, parks, rivers, etc through the resorts and yes, also through the public accesses to have fun, spend money, and visit or "exploit" (as you call it) the natural resources of Minnesota, South Dakota, Wisconsin or where ever I might go.

I guess that's why the USA is the way it is and you shouldn't have to expect to pay a fee or be called names by a local resident just because the state wants to give access to it.

Believe me, I'm totally up for spending money at the resort and the resorts need to make money to keep giving everyone the awesome experiences to these natural resources. As a matter of fact almost every trip I go on we always buy almost everything from the area we are going to.

If Mille Lacs, or any lake for that matter was always dead, 100% of the time, Terry or any other resort in any area wouldn't have anything to complain about, because nobody would be coming there, spending money "there" to keep the resorts open.

We all just have to appreciate, and support the people that want you there. There are numerous resorts on Mille Lacs and 99.9% of them want you to come. smile.gif Support them...

I would say it is more like 75% of them- there are a couple others like the one mentioned here confused.gif

I don't think people realize the power of the web. I wonder how many hits this thread generated?

The word gets around. Good thing grin.gif

Resort owners live on our lake. Just like the people who live on a lake. they are living on our lake. The lake belong to all the people of the state of MN and if the land owners on a lake or a resort owner does not like that then thats just to bad. I had a lady complain that he hated the fishermen on HER lake as she does not like to look at boats on the lake. I politely told her its not her lake and she can move anytime she wants to. If she wants to live on our lake then deal with it or move. Terry owns no more of the lake than i do. I have every right to fish it via a public access. i am gaining access to a public lake. That being said i often launch at a resort. i like to not worry about my truck when i am on the lake late and i buy bait there as well.