Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBMasterAngler

Wild River State Park Access

5 posts in this topic

I was thinking of maybe doing some wading for smallies/walleyes out of that access there at the mouth of the sunrise. How is the water level? Would this be a good place to target these 2 species?

The Croix is really low right now. I was on the river from st. croix falls up to nevers dam last weekend. Ended up camping near nevers. The sunfish were really cooperating, but not much else. Noticed lots and lots of canoers in the upper stretch (near the lower state park access). I was on the croix two weeks ago near franconia, and watched two small kids at the access walk all the way across the whole river without going under.

The low water doesn't bother so much as I'll be on foot, I'm just wondering if it's put a funk on the fishing? I've never had very good success with decnt sized fish in drought conditions.

It's been slow. I heard it's the same on the lower snake, too.

I was up at the sunrise last sunday. Water is low, had some luck early in the AM, smallies redhorse etc.

If you go, please bring a trash bag, people have been slobs around there. I pulled out a load myself, but lots of sh*t on the shore.