Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steamroller

Pine Lawn???????????????

5 posts in this topic

I heard a rumor yesterday that a 15" Crappie was caught underneath the HWY 16 bridge. Has anyone else heard this and is there even any Crappies around there?

what hwy? What town? What water??

ike

Pine Lawn is just outside Grand Meadow on Hwy 16. It is a small impoundment of Deer Creek. There are a good number of crappies in there - besides that, the biggest crappie I have ever seen came out of there. Most of them are everage size, however, and have been incredibly hard to find in the summer.

I have also caught several decent largemouths there. Other species I have caught - sunfish, catfish, bullhead, and carp. Its not a great fishery or anything but it can be a sleeper when you want to try something different.

another little gem in se mn. Great to hear. i know nothing of the tank Crappie but i wouldn't be suprised. congrats on whomever caught such a nice fish.

protect these little fisheries C&R

ike

I have driven by that a 100 times and always thought that looked so good. Interesting. A little far to drive to bank fish but still interesting.