Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RBuker

Carp in Clitheral Lake

15 posts in this topic

Does Clitheral have a healthy population of carp for bowshooting?

How's clarity?

TIA

Randy

i have never shot clitheral but there is alot of good lakes in the area with carp gar and buffs so if you want to go on a trip just let me no and ill take ya out you just cant tell anyone what lakes i go to

Thanks for the offer.

I'm exploring new lakes myself and Clitheral is on my list to check out. I've never fished it so don't know how clear it is or isn't. I do know there's carp in there though.

I'm trying to find a place for my wife and I to go this weekend. We loooovvveee sticking those rough fish.

Randy

if you want i could tell ya about a lake with lots of carp in it a lake with monster carp in it and some gar and buffie lakes im not gunna say the names on a public forum though if you want i can email you some good lakes though these are the lakes no one noes even have the fish i go and shoot in um

I'm curious as to what folks do with the rough fish? Unloading my boat last week in search of some panfish, A smell caught my attention. In the tall weeds were a pile of carp that had been recently arrowed and left to rot. I'm all for getting rid of as many rough fish as one can but there must be a better way to utilize them.

Quote:

I'm curious as to what folks do with the rough fish? Unloading my boat last week in search of some panfish, A smell caught my attention. In the tall weeds were a pile of carp that had been recently arrowed and left to rot. I'm all for getting rid of as many rough fish as one can but there must be a better way to utilize them.

I agree. Leaving them to rot where others could be offended is NOT the way to go. I'm fortunate in that I live in the country on 20 acres with no neighbors. I trow mine on my own property. I also use quite a few as fertilizer in my garden.

i eat all most of mine except for the big commons which are cut up thrown in the freezer and used for trapping bait in the fall. ill send you an email rbuker

I arrow carp also and it discusts me when I see a number lain on shore rotting!!everywhere theres a population here around Willmar,theres piles of em! come on people get responcible!!! If ya dont have anywhere to despose of them DONT take em!! frown.gif

CLitheral is very clear but not sure what the population of carp is like in there cause I quite honestly have never seen one in there. Lots of big suckers though.

Post deleted by carp_killer

Only see carp in the shallows on Clitheral for about a week in the spring...suckers a little longer. They are nowhere to be seen this time of year...

Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it!

RBuker ,

I fish Clitherall a couple of weeks a year . It is pretty clear , my best guess would be at least 6ft down maybe 8 or more (of course w/ polaroid lenses) . I see quite a few carp when fishing the shallows for bass . If you'd like I'll send some info to your e-mail that was posted previously .

Good luck out there to all !!

You bet! Any information is good for me!

Thanks!