Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
8-Ball

Steiger

11 posts in this topic

Hi Folks- I have a co-worker who works w/ juveniles who is looking for a decent shore spot for 4-6 young kids to shore fish. Wondering if Steiger-Parley-Wasserman have a public fishing pier or a decent spot from shore to fish? They will be going out tomorrow early (7/25)- so asap response would be much appreciated.. Thanks! 8-Ball.

Not asking for honey holes or GPS waypoints here, just if there are shore fishing spots. Anybody...

I believe panfish are possible off the dock at Steiger. Also consider two piers on Lake Minnewashta in Chanhassen.

One pier is in the park. Panfish/bass/pike would be possible. The second pier is in the southwest corner of the main bay; a small park area. Same species would be possible there. Both areas have some space near the piers for wading, too.

DB

DB- Is the dock at Steiger a public pier or just a public access dock for launching?

Unless things have changed there is no dock for launching. The pier is designed for fishing and is a little bit away from the launch area.

Bobber/suckerminnow will give you a shot at pike and bass and they can get pretty big in this lake although all gamefish are still catch n release.

DB

There is a fishing pier and a dock for launching at Steiger. My main concern at Steiger would be that the pier is often crowded so if you come at the wrong time you will have no place to fish.

Thanks for the info guys-going to steer my buddy and his clients out there hopefully tomorrow. Would it be crowded out there by, say, 9 a.m.?

It shoudn't be, the only thing is one family can almost take over the pier.

Thanks BB-will pass it on to my bud..

BB and Doon- Thanks for the info-bud went out to Steiger w/ his clients and they had a ball. Some pannies, couple nice bass and some slimers mixed in for fun. He said the looks on the kids faces and how excited they were was priceless. They plan to go again soon! P.S. All fish released, of course..

Glad to hear it went well!