Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Who's Been Fishing?

Drake    33
Drake

Been kinda quiet on here lately, who's been out on the open water recently? We've been in and out the last couple of weeks, so we haven't had time to hit the water (and now the temps are in the 90's the next couple of days). Reports from our guests and some friends have been mostly about panfish, and the sunnies and gills have been going good, and a crappie bite has been more in the evening hours, bobber fishing into the weeds with a jig, still using waxies or part of a crawler. Haven't heard much on walleye reports from the Duck, but some nice size perch and some eater pike have been been reeled in.

Looks like the temps are going to drop, they are saying a chance of a storm on Thursday and highs only in the mid 70's, then around 80 for the weekend.

For those in the Blackduck area this Saturday, they are doing the annual Woodcarvers Festival and arts and craft fair from 9 to 5 in the City Wayside Rest right next door to the motel. The woodcarvers fest is really interesting to go through and many of the carvers do demonstrations, they set up an area to teach the young ones how to make a project and food booths are also there.

NorthernSunrise    0
NorthernSunrise

Spent the day on Blackduck lake Saturday. There wasn't much for a bite whatsoever, but the wind was also a major factor. To fast for drifting, couldn't cast, so it was down to trolling. Had a few bites and caught a couple small walleyes, 3 hammer handles, and a couple perch.

Looks like the lake is starting to green up too...

Drake    33
Drake

Talked to some folks the last couple of days who've been out on the Duck and aside from the eater pike, folks are reeling in some walleyes. Slow troll over the bars with crankbaits are the ticket, while jigging with leeches and crawlers has been slow, and a good bite has been in the early morning hours (6-9) and then hitting it again in the evening hours.

woodman    0
woodman

Fished yesterday with the daughter and neice from 7-10 and we managed 12 eye's, one 6 lbs sheep head and one BULLHEAD! We released all but one eye and had a wonderful morning. Most of the eye's were 6-8 inches. Caught them bobber fishing in 9' and trolling spinners. Great time with the kids and will be back soon!

grin.gif

Huskie    0
Huskie

Woodman: Three of us drove up from Southern MN. to fish Winnie for a few days, too windy to get out to the humps with my boat so we spent part of 2 days on Round by Squaw Lake. We caught a couple of nice pike, 5 eyes, could keep only two but we must have boated a dozen bullheads. I have fished Round before mostly in its heyday, has the low water accounted for the change after the fishing pressure cut down the eye numbers? Also, on another subject, did you see that 167 has gone from a lottery area 2 years ago to either sex last year to a managed area this year, with bonus tags?????? Where did all of the deer come from, we have not seen alot over the last five years by Wagner where we hunt!!!!

woodman    0
woodman

Huskie: The eye's are starting to pick up due to the algae bloom in the lakes. The fishing pressure seems to be down on some of the lakes which does affect the catching percentage. I did notice that 167 is now a managed area, which will help me out since the wife is not hunting due to baby #3 due in December! grin.gif

She did say that I could use here gun and stand, since she has shot all the deer the last 2 years! blush.gif

I drove from Northome to Bemidji and the kids and I counted 78 deer a couple of weeks ago along the highway and in fields. We had a good survival rate the past 2 years, which I believe lead to the managed area. I didn't see big numbers from my stand area, but did see lots of wolves, and wolf tracks.

I am going to be bow hunting for the first time in 15 years also so, I can scout out more area without the pressure we get during rifle season.