• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Toy or Tank?

I was maintaining my Penn spinning reels (4400's) on Saturday and I couldn't believe how well made they are. The things are built to last. The construction is fabulous. They don't need much maintenance. I've had them both over 10 years.

I've had other brands of reel that were built like toys by comparison.

Do you have any particularly good and durable equipment?

I have'nt used any thing else then Penn..Love my 714 which is over 20 years old.I got turn on to penn reels back in my salt water fishing day Padre Island Tx.All the charter captians used Penn. My Mn Buddies never heard of Penn reels I own 5, all on st croix rods.Love em

I've got a few vintage Penn 209's, absolutely bulletproof. also, I use on occasion a Lowrance Green Box - with the correct technique it can be almost as effective in depth sounding and locating schools of fish as the new units.