Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ducks_22

First Trip to Kab this weekend

5 posts in this topic

Heading up there this weekend for the first time ever. We are staying at Idlewild resort. Any helpful information about the fishing for any species right now would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ducks_22

Try topwater for pike, if they are hitting yet. They get active about this time through the fall.

You picked a good resort. We just got home from there. Pick Tim, Jerry or Ron's brain when you get there. They'll have some good walleye advice. It wouldn't hurt to have Tim or his dad guide you early in the week. You might glean some info that could help you for the rest of the week. Also cast rocky shorelines and windblown points for smallies and northerns. Watch for rocks tho. They have a way of sneaking up on your boat by shore. We caught a couple walleyes too doing that the last 2 weeks. Have a good trip. My family and I love it there.

Chuck,Is this you sounds like your advice which is very good advice. see ya next year

Ya, it's me. I heard you did ok after we left. Shoot, Junior even caught a sauger the other night before he came home. That Wallye fishing is usually too boring for him. We hope to get back up there this fall. We'll see.