Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coppertop

Brule Lake

3 posts in this topic

Headed up the Gunflint to Brule Lake. I know it is good for walleye, but haven't been there in 4-5 years. Anyone been fishing it and have any pointers for walleye or lake trout. Thanks in advance. Andy

Andy,

Got a chuckle out of your post, I'm also heading to Brule on Friday with a friend named Andy. Maybe we'll see you up there. Andy knows the spots, he just needs someone to paddle the front of the canoe. Have to work the next day, so just fishing the evening, long drive, but you take what you can get. Good Luck!

I was camping on Brule in mid-June with my dad and my daughter and did well with the walleye and bass. We started out using floating raps and switched to leeches under a slip bobber. Didn't have any luck finding any northerns but we made do with those walleye for dinner. I don't think you'll find any lakers in Brule. You could go a couple portages north to Winchell and find some, though. Good luck and have fun.