Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
South_Metro_Slayer

shorefishin pool 2 report

6 posts in this topic

Ive been hitten nice smallies off the rocks in shallow water in South St paul, slp bobber\nightcrawler. got a few more kitties, nothin big though 5-10 pounders. my buddy caught a 9 inch sunnie, cats have been slow for me the past couple weeks but im still puttin in my time on the river. im hopin to catch a monster yet this year well good luck everyone

are there shore fishing spots off concord or whats the place to get down to the river. ive been looking to shore fish down in ssp for a while now.

The is a good place about a quarter mile south of the landing. Park by the compost site and walk the path to where the culvert is. We have always had good luck catching almost anything there...Cats, walleye, carp...etc

Thee are several good areas to shore fish on pool 2. The biggest draw back is how far do you want to walk?

got about a 16 pound flat last tuesday my biggest cat of the year had a couple decent runs that night to might have been bigger fish, the smallies r still bitin. the culvert is a really good spot early in the season for walleyes, Ive caught a 12 pounder down there about six years ago, and my biggest flathead i pulled up at the culvert around thirty pounds, right now Ive been fishin places ive never fished before around the rocks that cover alot of ground in SSp ive been finding alot of deeper water and i think thats the ticket right now good luck.

That is why my son-in-law liked the culvert before he moved to FLA....there was a hole just down stream and the eddies around it held some nice CATS.....he had one scream his line that he swears ended up in Hastings...just kidding, but he did a lot of cat fishing and that one is still out there. He never saw it. Someday I have to get back down there, too bad they closed the parking lot to visitors down by Harwell.