Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tigerbalm2424

Eagle Lake in Maple Grove?

9 posts in this topic

Anyone fish here lately? I might try to fish it this thursday but I've never been on it before. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

If you have a boat? Its been slow, and the water has been really low. Come to launch early, only limited amount of trailer parking always filled by 5-5:30pm. I live close by and lots of cars always getting ticketed for trailer on grass, handicap parking, parking at bend etc. Its not that there are too many boats there, just stupid plain cars dun park in park parking lot but in boat trailer stalls. Make sure to trim motor up, and go slow until your fully out (midway through the weedy sections). Average of 1.5-2ft 50 yrds out. Water has been murky lately. Good luck bud.

Was out a few time last week, what are you going for? Pike bass and muskies have been hittin on the north end speed trolling with larger risto raps, sunfish and clown colors have been working pretty good. Look for the hump in the NW corner. Fish have been 15'-20'. Haven't fished any walleyes. Good luck

1.5-2 feet huh? I have a 16ft fish hawk. Should be interesting! How are the weeds? Milfoil bad?

Thanks guys!

Weeds are thick like usual water is really dirty compared to other years. Don't worry about the depth get a 18' triton in and out no problem. Go off the access toward the SW when launching the boat and you'll be fine. Find the suspended bait fish you'll find fish.

Anyone try or have any luck with topwaters for bass? Any suggested spots to try with topwaterS?

Thanks guys, lots of help!

good luck bassin. Not the funnest when you got guys pounding muskies every 100yrds. Lakes gets a lot of pressure on ski's not to mention the local skiers etc. Weeds are from shore out bout to 20ft. I'd recommend try getting over to pike, quieter and you don't have a musky fisherman schoolin around you. Lake isn't big enough for half a dozen to a dozen guys muskie fishing. FYI, muskie lures fly far wink.gif

Eagle isn't worth the hassle, way to crowded!!! Go to Tonka in the mornings, not busy at all until about 10:00 am. Tonka is not as bad as people think--trophy fish all over.

I agree, go over to Tonka, just make sure you hold on with all the constant waves....