Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassProAddict

Best shore fishing Metro Lake

7 posts in this topic

I've gathered that the three most productive lakes around the Metro include Calhoun, Medicine and Prior lake.

Which would be the best for 4 hours of fishing for bass,muskie or pike ON THE SHORE.I"m staying near Bloomington so that comes into play too.

What are your suggestions?

Calhoun would be the most shore fishing friendly lake out of the three in my opinion.

Prior and Medicine's almost a no go unless you own a boat. Calhoun would definetly be the best with consistent action on anything. I'd recommend try canoe rental? (do they still have that there?) Work outside weedlines will keep you bz. You will never have to worry about a boat buzzin by since electric only limitation. GOod luck

Any strategic parking to good spot for shorefishing?

Is Calhoun shorefishing mostly just crappies and bass or is there an occassional Muskie/Pike? What would be the most versatile lure, size and color to cast from shore there?

What time would be the best to go?Mornings or sunset?

I fish Calhoun a couple days a week (from shore) and have the most luck using a 5in natural colored plastic worm (Gulp brand have been especially great). Head to where the sailboats are tied up (North side of lake) and you are bound to get some Largemouth action. Might even connect with a random Northern, Musky, or Walleye. Let me know how it goes!

was out on Harriet fishing from shore yesterday evening for fun. pulled in 3 bass & an eye. good size, all released...

Has anyone had any luck on Nokomis from shore? I tried a few evenings last summer with not a bite. I was looking for bass.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• monstermoose78
      lol I posted that Friday but with no service it must went when I ran into town for new hose
    • monstermoose78
      I was up over the weekend to do cabin duties. I did get laker trout at cascade river Friday mornings it was 17 inches but made for great trout and eggs breakfast. Agree with maple bacon longjohn and Chet's doughnut. Also a must stop for me is trail center for lunch the 3 Cheese grilled cheese is amazing with a chocolate and peanut butter milkshake. Just look at this lunch
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Lindy rig with 1/2 crawler! 15' to 19' depth. Cliff
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      I second Crooked Lake. Super clear water too. I kayaked in there recently and was amazed at how many sunnies are in there. First calm wind day I get I'm gonna get the yak in there and bring my flyrod. 
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      I woke up early Saturday tired and letting all the excuses in my head convince me to go back to bed. Cold front, high winds, clear skies. Screw it, I'm going anyway!   Glad I did. The wind was rough for yak fishing but I found them stacked right off a weedline and caught 7 bass within an hour on a stretch less than 75 yds.    Ended the day with the pig of a bass pictured and a nice Pike for dinner. Once the sun came out and warmed up the water I got action on the flats. That's where the big bass and pike came from. 8 bass total, one nice pike, a few short strikes on the flats. Wind sucked and what the heck is up with needing a sweater on the first weeked of Summer?!?! I'm not in the South anymore haha.
    • Cret Jigs
      This bass likes 50F weather and a Senkos 
    • osok
      Despite the occasional rain shower and relentless wind, had a great day on Fish Lake. Decent sized pan fish,  several out of slot, and 3 "eaters"  Walleyes were caught . The kids and wife all caught fish at a pace that kept me busy baiting, netting..(repeat) for a few hours. Not only was I fueling the addiction, but gaining points for future fishing trips. The only low point was when we went "Island exploring", someone was either in a hurry or just completely selfish and left their campsite garbage strewn to the point that it filled a 13 gal garbage bag.  
    • curt quesnell
    • fishingstar
      I use a big zip tie that will slide on and off.
    • OhioVike
      Nice catch Cliff. Were you rigging or bobbering?