Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris3

sturgeon fishing guide?

4 posts in this topic

I will be up fishing the river and lake in a couple weeks for walleyes. Would like to bring my dad sturgeon fishing for his birthday. Any suggestions for a guide.

Thank you in advance Chris

In my opinion, the best sturgeon fishing is in the spring. I would recommend concentrating on walleyes for this trip and then bringing him up to the gap next spring when the sturgeon start spawning again. Then, you don't need a guide, you just go in the river or the gap and you'll find them. You will likely get many more fish if you wait until prime time.

If your dads birthday is May 1st bring him Sturgeon

fishing and join the crowd. A dinosaur trip now is

better off re-thought. Give a gift certificate for

next spring and get a cabin along the river and have

the Sturgeon trip of a lifetime

Hey there, don't be discouraged the Sturgeonfish are quite catchable this time of year and there have been some dandies caught as of late.

Certainly not as easy as the springs "catching" when just about anyone can get on them!!! Summer locations are a bit more tight.

Shoot me an email and I'll let you know of a couple of local guides that have done the Sturgeon thing for a long time who really know whats up with the river thru the seasons. fiskyknut at yahoo