• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Small baitcasters???

Are there any small baitcaster reels out there??? I'm not looking for anything fancy, just looking for somthing to cast a certain light setup I use. TIA

many of your good qaulity low profile, long cast, baitcasters should be able to take care of you. i can toss 1/8 oz. lures with mine with no problem. anything smaller i go to a spinning reel! del

Shimano Fan:

Chronarch Magnesium 50

weighs 5.9 oz

cost ~ $250.00

I would use it for ice fishing...w/out all the bells and whistles if they make one same size.

There's a round baitcaster

calcutta 50B

weighs 7.9 oz

cost ~$190.00

The Chronarch MG is an excellent reel in my opinion. I put those on a couple rods this summer and the lightweight factor is incredible! Also casts like a charm and has suprisingly a lot of power. Porbobaly one of my go-to reels right now...

Go on ebay and find yourself a Garcia 521XL Plus, mine is great, don't use it that much but love it when I do. smile.gif