Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shorelunch

Fishing: print or the web?

5 posts in this topic

I have one more question for everyone:

Where are you finding QUALITY information about fishing techniques, news and products - fishing forum websites (like FM) or print (In-Fish, Outdoor News)?

I use the web for doing my main research on different lakes and I try to get out to at least one a year of the seminars put out by the FM pro staff for species information.

The web narrows down my lakes and what lures ect. but the mags. give me a new way of fishing.

I find the print media or my local news gives me more and better info on fishing. Some times fisherman can get tight lippd about whats working for them.

Nothing beats Bluewater Bait though. like the old general store might say if they dont have it you dont need it. As far as fishing info goes. and bait and tackle and pop.

Mostly on print.

Techniques are more detailed and technical. Products are promoted on EVERY page in magazines, even within the articles themselves. A lot of news is best in print, and due to forum policies, a lot cannot be discussed because it gets opinionated and political and gets deleted right away.

However, people spill their guts on the internet. Unfortunatly, a lot of posts tell you exactly what, when, where and how. Which in the end is all people need, and its free to boot! A sad reality IMO

frown.gif