Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phishhead

Walleye & Trout lake with campground?

9 posts in this topic

My wife and I have 3 days to go camping next week and we would love to find a lake that had walleyes and trout and maybe some bluegils. If anyone knows of nice campground or cheap cabin rental that has waterfront sites on a lake like this please let me know. It would be a double bonus if we could keep our boat in the water in front of the campsite. Any ideas or info would be great - thanks in advance!

Canada

Lake vermilion. You'll catch anything you want there. Portage into trout lake for some lakers. That's your best bet.

Lakers in July?. 95 degrees. They would be 100' deep. Forget the trout and go after the other fish. Vermillion is not bad. Check out some of the State or federal campgrounds.

Thanks guys - I would probably rather go after rainbows or brookies than lakers. But, we do catch them in Canada in 110 - 120 fow trolling steel wire and 4 oz weights. You can feel the weight bouncing off the bottom that deep if you are rigged up right. I just want my wife to catch some fish and she doesn't think much of trolling. Even a walleye lake near a old mine pit or something with stocked stream trout. Thanks.

Tofte Lake is down the road about 20 miles. Lot's of splake and rainbows.

try up by Crosby, there is portsmouth campground just outside. has many mine pits with a lot of stocked browns and rainbows nearby, plus there are hundreds of great walleye lakes within a half hour.

Thanks Bobb-o

I was just looking at that state park last night.

I have a 12 ft jon boat with a 3 hp and a 16 ft with a 50 hp. Can I get the 16 in at Portsmouth or should I bring the 12 ft? It would be nice to be able to hit a couple of bigger lakes for walleyes also but we only have 2 1/2 days to fish. Also, is there a campground with a shower near the Cuyuna mines? Not a big deal to me but my wife would probably appreciate it. I don't think you can post the name of a campground that isn't a sponsor so maybe you could email me - robgroth@comcast.net Thanks for all of your help.

phishhead, email sent.