Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jim68

Geese Flying

12 posts in this topic

I saw my first flock of geese flying this morning. It got my bood going. Anyone else seeing birds flying around?

I heard some sat. morning but could'nt see them. It's music to my ears!

saw some flying in rochester sat.afternoon

Saw a few landing in a Barley field the other day. Small local groups but it definately get's the heart pumping!

Saw a family group dump into lake waconia sunday. (Along with hundreds of cormorants)

Last night I was sitting outside, at my new house in Newport. We are about a block and a half from the river. Heard the gesse talking... thought "welcome home from nature".

Now, I have to find out how far south to take the boat out to hunt.

they are flying around Fergus Falls

Theres been around a 100 geese flying into one of my goose hunting fields laugh.gif. Hopefully they stay in it tell hunting season.

The parents of the brood on my pond have been testing their new feathers,and making 30 and 40 yard flights just off the water. The young ones haven't got the urge yet.

First shaky group over the house last Thursday. Still not much voice, a little shaky on the honks yet.

I left for NoDak this morning for work. I drove up 94N to 29N took hwy 5 all the way over to great town of Bottineau and then down to hwy 3 to hwy 52 into Jamestown where im typing this now and saw nothing in the air. I saw a few potholes full of divers and mallards. Still no color to the mallards. Didnt see hardly any geese. The only geese saw were near Monticello in a field approx. 25 of them.

On a side note I still dream of hunting the local geese on Tonka. Boy does it stay full of them.

Working in Elk River today...about 6:30am a nice flock of honkers flew about 100 yards just south of where I was working. I cant work in these conditions.