Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chevy72j

Fishing resorts on the smaller lakes

6 posts in this topic

I'm looking for small lake with a resort. Mostly fishing northern, bass, and panfish. Thinking about end of august or early septmber. Any ideas?

Talk to Dave at Fishermans Village on Deer Lake. Lots of Northerns, Great Bass fishing and lots of pan fish. Cabin are nice and Dave and Bev are great people.

They have a web sight if you like to check it out. It is the same as the name but with the . com.

Tell them Mike recomended grin.gif

west battle is not really a little lake but you can catch all the northerns bass and panfish you want out of it i would reccomend first resort there another good lake is elbow lake theres a resort there called xandu island or somethin like that

South Turtle Lake Resort on South Turtle would fit your request. If you go in September, it could be pretty good for you with the big crowds gone.

call mark at the char-mac on little pine.nice clean qiute place

I'll second the South Turtle Lake Resort, we stayed there with ALL the inlaws over memorial weekend this summer (though NOT with the intention of fishing, just for the youngest sibling's HS graduation) so I only got 1 good afternoon/evening of fishing in.

I did pretty well though (with no map/sonar) catching half dozen eat'n pannies, a couple small bass, a 18" slimer, the requisite perch and then a few more pannies.

I was just throwing a jig with a spinning propeller tipped with a worm or minnow.

Oh yeah the owner was nice and accommodating too!