• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dead eyes on Andrew

Was out on Andrew this past weekend and saw 4 eyes floatin'. Anyone have a good explanation for this? confused.gif

Probably cpr mortality. They say about 20-40% (depending on who you ask) of all eyes that are released die

The warmer water might also not help the releasing of fish.

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota Darth. cool.gif

Didn't notice any all day saturday when i was out there. What size walleyes were they? We fished the south shore most of the morning and afternoon and only noticed one sheephead floating all day.

i noticed yesterday off the dock a bass (lrg-m) very shallow and listless. What struck me was the discoloration. very light/white above the latteral line on both sides.

Thanks Harvey.

The floaters were relatively small 12". We tried the North side from Sibley Park to the west, but it was a little to windy. Moved across to the south out of the wind and the boat traffic was non-stop. That's what I get for weekend fishing though I guess. We were hoping to hook into some bass.

Sounds like these were released fish that did make it. Fish caught in deeper water die in this warm water, easier.

Was there a tournament there? I noticed after Green lake tourney a number of eyes dead floatin and 1 bass,I was only on 1/16 of lake area,by outlet. frown.gif

I don't want to jump on the league, about their fishing. I watched to so called weight-in of a league on Maple lake. Guys had died fish and then nobody wanted to bring them home. They were going to dump the fish inthe garabage but, someone watching this B.S. system said "Maybe the DNR should be aware of this groups tactics".

I would hope a walleye league would have some way of getting (Died or dieing) fish to Someone that can use them? IE. the Let's go fishing group?