Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stewfish

night fishing

9 posts in this topic

I am coming to the willmar area this next weekend and plan on taking the boat with me. Any suggestions on an area lake, I might just end up spending the entire night on the lake so something with cats would be a plus. Thanks for any info.

For cats you'd have to go to Foot Lake,Willmar Lake or Big Kandi,Elizabeth. Willmar would be my choice lots a structure for eyes and good cat pop. cool.gif

If you want cats on foot lake fish off shore from ella ave there is a small culvert there use a phelps floater and a crawler the later the better 2-4am lots of 5 to 10 pound channels. Dont bother fishing eyes out there pop is way down. I would go out to green and pull #5 shadraps out on the edge of the flats I was out there fri night lots of fish nothing big but a few 15 inchers lots of 12 inchers and tons of bass and sunfish. yeah the sunfish are hammering the shadraps? good luck.

If you are looking for a great cat lake, I know one bit its nw of Benson

Masher could ya let me know what lake?If you'd rather email my add. is in profile.Thanks cool.gif

Sparcebag, if Willmar lake has walleyes and cats in it. Why don't guys fish it. I don't see any boats on it.

I dont know why others dont,I do for cats from shore but I do prefer the Mn.river for cats cause of flathead pop.And at night I do get eyes when cattin willmar from the park.I live on Diamond and get all the eyes I want here,Why waste gas!

Where on diamond do you live. I had a uncle that lived accross from dogfish bay.

Jiggin;I live in dogfish bay,the slew. smile.gifIts good for spring crappie,ducks&chiggers, June spawin carp on the arrow. cool.gif