• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hook in the middle finger!?!?

Hey just pulled off a masterfull hook-set on myself this evening mad.gif Yup...had a smallie on the front treble...then the squirm frown.gifwich put the rear treble in my middle finger with a 3lb fish hanging and wiggling. Yes, it hit the bone and a solid tear came down. I suprised myself...not too much swearing. Pulling it out with the leatherman was almost as bad as the initial event. Well, I guess today the fish kicked my...we have to let 'em win sometimes confused.gif.

Please, someone else bail me out and share in my pain/embarassment by posting your worse self inflicted fishing pain grin.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

How embarrassing!

I had a 25 lb musky hanging from my index finger connected to a Rattlin Rogue on my right hand. Thankfully the the ski broke loose when he went ballistic.

Another plus was it was a cold rainy night on Mille Lacs. So my fingers were a bit numb to begin with. The hook pulled out in much the same manner as yours without too much additional pain and I continued fishing through the night. smile.gif

A little 3 lber.... wink.gif

I also had a bad expierence with a hook in the hand from a bigger northern. I was suprised how easy it was to push the hook through my palm and cut the barb off.

Those darn northerns sure jump around and shake alot.

I was fishing the Skunk River near Pierz for pike when I was in high school. We would walk the river for about 3-4 miles and hit every hole there was. My buddy casted his spoon into a brush pile across the river. In the process of dislodging it from the brush pile, the spoon shot straight at my face. It was like watching an old horror movie and the arrow is coming straight at your head. Two hooks from the treble lodged just under my chin. My buddy had to use his finger nails to cut the skin to get the hooks out. The slap from the spoon kind of numbed the area so it really didn't hurt that bad but it left a nice scar.

WOW! Thanks for the stories. I feel kinda fortunate now laugh.gif I mean a spoon to the chin or a muskie/pike dangling would be much worse!

as a 15 year old I was fishing from a canoe with my mom and my younger brother on Lake Sagatagan in Collegeville. We were casting jitterbugs in the evening and I think I scored on like my 3rd cast. Got the bass in (prolly a 2 lber) and was taking it off when it thrashed and stuck me in the middle finger of my left hand.

The hook stuck straight in and I think was pretty close to the bone... the hook was not small either. A guy was fishing from his johnboat with his two kids and he offered to get it out with his needlenose. I remember his two young kids failing to hold onto the gunwale of our boat as he cursed that I had the "toughest skin he had ever seen"...he eventually gave up and we went to the emergency room. A few hours later the ER doc shot it up with some novacaine and pulled it through, cut off the barb, and slid it out. The cut healed within a week and now I am a lot more careful when removing the hook from a fish!

My goal is to never get hooked in the eye!

I took a zara spook in the right eyebrow when it pulled loose off a smallie. Unfortunately, I was about a two-hour wade from my car, so I had to stumble over a mile or more of rocks with the spook dangling over my eye. I've had more fun wading the mighty Sauk.

wow all these stories of pain makes the 3lb bass not so bad...jk I was there and ouch....but i wish i had a good pain story to tell but i have been sort of careful except for the day we tipped the canoe. but it was too clod and the pain had subsided from swimming in the cold water to shore. so i gave it a good jerk in the cold water and out it came...guess the thought of my friend and the gear were more important than the pain at that time.....the tippy canoe is a whole other story