Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishingdad

2 weeks and counting to the west side?

5 posts in this topic

I am very happy to report that the family and I are going to be returning for our 4th year in a row to the west side and I was wondering how the fishing has been this year around fire island/goodwill island? I don't know if we will get a guide this year or not? But I will put my last 4 years of guided trips to the test if not and hope for the best. Hope everyone has been having a good year and will probaly see you on the water!

The shallow inshore bite around Goodwill/Fire Island(s) is pretty much past for at least until mid-Sept. Think the fringes and transition on 15-20-foot flats/sunken islands near deeper water. The sunken islands between Center Island and the church camp have produced pretty good for me the past few days, but you have to sort a quite a few larger fish to find the eater-keepers (good problem to have!)

hans...that is a good problem to have....the west end is slowly waking up..ALOT of baitfish!!but dad ...as you may know...you are coming at a good time...oddly enough...the bite can get better as the heat gets up there.good luck and bait those hooks grin.gif

Thanks guys, I agree with you Gary, last year we actually had good to very good luck when it was very warm. Hans what kind of boat do you have? You have givin' me a few helpful tips over the last few years, so if I see you out there I would like to stop by and say hi. I will be in a blue 18' lund fisherman with a Honda 130 hope to see you out there and good luck to everyone!

Quote:

Hans what kind of boat do you have? You have givin' me a few helpful tips over the last few years, so if I see you out there I would like to stop by and say hi.

I run around in a blue-over-tan 17-foot Smoker, with an Evinrude eTec on the back, PinPoint on the bow.

I fish out of White Eagle and you'll find me almost anywhere west of Timbuktu.